The image below shows a potential pedestrian-oriented site plan at 31st and Ingersoll that accommodates a building the size of a typical "The Fresh Market" (Fresh Market website) (21,000 square feet, indicated as a hatched square). Upon first glance at the zoning code, in the NPC, a building this size and use requires about 65 parking spaces and two off-street loading docks. Additional parking would be required if there is a second floor with office or residential.
I've subdivided the site into approximate zones that make sense from a pedestrian-oriented redevelopment strategy.
- Primary street-facing facades along Ingersoll along the sidewalk
- Parking in the rear, accessed from 31st
- Loading accessed from 31st
- Secondary vehicle access from Ingersoll
- Residential redevelopment at location of demolished houses
- Buffer between denser development/parking and adjacent residential on the north and west